For those of you that know the site and are regulars know that we (quite obviously) love the arts and everything about them, and to that end, we are kickstarting a new feature here on the site where we shine a spotlight on an artist that we feel you should absolutely know about! These features will feature artists of all mediums; painting, dance, music, film and everything in between, so each installment will vary greatly from the last. Art is the greatest form of expression and like fingerprints, no two individuals share the exact same, so you are in for a treat with each edition!
For this first edition, we are highlighting a highly renowned cinematographer, Tatjana Krestevski! Tatjana holds an MA in Film and TV Cinematography at Faculty of Dramatic Arts in Belgrade, as well as an MFA in Design School of Visual Arts, and currently acts as Head of the Cinematography Department, and an Assistant Arts Professor for Graduate Film at the Tisch School Of The Arts in New York. Tatjana is also soon to be the head of the Film department at NYU, as she has quite a lot of knowledge to impart upon hopeful film students.
Tatjana is also highly decorated, earning the following awards during her illustrious career, in addition to several films to her credit:
· “Vilko Filac” Best Cinematography Award – “Made of Ashes” Kustendorf Film Festival
· Fedeora Award for the Best Foreign Film – “The Load” Haifa International FF, Israel
· Best Director Award – “The Load” at Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, China
· Grand Jury Award – “Depth Two” at Open City Documentary Festival, London, UK
· The Critics Award – “Depth Two” at Atlantida Film Festival, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
· Best Feature-Length Documentary Award – “Depth Two” at Festival dei Popoli, Italy
· Grand Prix – “Depth Two” at IFF Message to Men, St. Petersburg, Russia
· Grand Prix – “Depth Two” at International Film Festival of Nancy, France
· The Jury Praise – “Depth Two” at 5th AegeanDocs International Doc FF, Greece
· Main Award – “Depth Two” at Budapest International Documentary Festival, Hungary
· Special Mention – “Depth Two” at HRFF Inconvenient Films, Vilnius, Lithuania
· Special mention – “Made of Ashes” at Cinema City International Film Festival, Novi Sad
· The Golden Key Award – “Depth Two” at Kasseler Dokfest, Kassel, Germany
· Best Balkan Dox Award – “Depth Two” at DokuFest, Prizren, Kosovo
· “Zoran Djindjic” Award – for contribution in Film Art, Serbia
· “Vladeta Lukic“ Award – University of Arts in Belgrade
Tatjana has a large body of work to explore, and we highly recommend doing so! Her next project is currently in postproduction and is titled Giant Fish, from Director Richard Yin and filmed in China.
Tune in next time where we highlight the next artist for your viewing pleasure!